If you are aware of any local business openings or closings, please let us know. here.
Air Products Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Scott Crocco will retire on September 30, 2021 after 31 years with the company. Melissa Schaeffer will succeed him
Laura McLain, Executive Director of the Slate Belt Chamber of Commerce, will retire at the end of 2021 after more than 21 years of service.
· Thomas Ripsam has been appointed new CEO of Martin Guitar. He succeeds Christian Frederick Martin IV, longtime Chairman and CEO.
. The owners of Tucker Silk Mill will be opening a wine bar and garden in Easton in early 2022. Kabinett will have a predominantly Australian and German wine list, with light fare, and an outdoor patio overlooking the Delaware River.
· Community Action Lehigh Valley promoted Dawn Godshall to Executive Director and Jessica Reimert to Deputy Executive Director for Operations, and hired Jaana Kelley as Associate Executive Director for Community Services.
· The Trolley Stop restaurant opened on May 29 at 201 S. McCartney Street in Easton
· Bitty & Beau’s, a café that employs people with disabilities, will move to 74 W. Broad St. in Bethlehem.
PPL Corporation named by DiversityInc as one of the nation’s best utilities for workforce diversity
· Semper Pie, 14 S. Reading Ave. in Boyertown, hosting a grand opening with cheesecake and more on May 22.
· St. Luke’s OB / GYN – Complete Women’s Care, 9 Dave’s Way, Hamburg, will be accepting new patients from May 6.
· The Rolling Hills Recreation mini-golf course, 4565 Spring Hill Dr. in Schnecksville, will be holding its grand opening on May 1st.
· The Red Rose Diner, Route 22 in Phillipsburg, has announced it will close on May 2.
· Pizza D’Oro restaurant on College Hill, Easton reopened on April 21 as Joey D’s. The restaurant offers meals on site and to take away.
· The Da Vinci Science Center has announced that Lin Erickson, Executive Director and CEO, has been named the Take the Lead Laureate by the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania.
. Deliciously Decorated, 143 S. Main St. in Nazareth, will host a Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting from 11:45 am to 1:00 pm on May 8th.
Jack Callaghan’s reopens as Cuzin’s Pub and Grill at 2027 W. Tilghman St.
. John L. Walsh will retire as President and CEO of UGI Corporation on June 25, 2021. He will continue to serve on the Board of Directors of UGI.
. Bru Daddy’s Brewing will launch a new restaurant, Blended by Bru Daddy’s, in downtown Allentown ArtsWalk. A smooth opening is scheduled for May and a grand opening in June.
· BSI Corporate Benefits, LLC (BSI) has promoted Valerie (Val) Lewis to Chief Operating Officer. The nationwide employee benefits consulting firm executes cost containment strategies to manage their clients’ healthcare costs.
. UPMC Health Plan appoints Dr Amy Meister as Medical Officer for Health and Wellness
Center for Vision Loss, a Lehigh Valley and Monroe County nonprofit, changes its name to Sights for Hope
· PPL Corporation appoints Gregory Dudkin Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. Stéphanie Raymond will succeed her as President of PPL Electric Utilities.
· New Vision Theaters Tilghman Square 8 will become Tilghman Square 8. Its opening is scheduled for April 2021.
.Genesis Bicycles in Easton was sold to Trek Bicycle. Genesis Retirement Sale begins Thursday, April 1
European Wax Center will open its doors at the Promenade Shops in Saucon Valley in the summer of 2021
Opening of Split Pine Ax Throwing at 627 Hamilton Street in Allentown
· Krave 2 Taste is opening a new location at Lehigh Valley Mall, next to Verizon. The smoothie and smoothie shop will have a grand opening on March 27 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union appoints James Gagliano as Director of Experience
· New Bethany Ministries in Bethlehem has announced several promotions: Veronne Demesyeux has been appointed Associate Executive Director; Tina Sargent has been promoted to Director of Finance and Administration; and Lisa Myers was appointed Controller.
. PPL Corporation named Best Workplace for LGBTQ Equality in the 2021 Human Rights Campaign Foundation Corporate Equality Index. This is the fifth consecutive year that PPL has achieved high marks in the national report